Definition of natural
– existing in nature and not made or caused by people : coming from nature
– not having any extra substances or chemicals added : not containing anything artificial
– usual or expected
– “natural” ingredients are derived, in whole or in part, from natural sources with no synthetic compounds.
– “organic” ingredients are supposed to contain only plant-sourced ingredients that are cultivated without the use of synthetic chemicals, irradiation, or pesticides.
– Natural products sometimes have pharmacological or biological activity that can be of therapeutic benefit in treating diseases.
– The active components not only of most traditional medicines but also many modern medicines.
– Natural products are the inspiration for approximately one half of U.S. Food and Drug Administration-approved drugs.