Lily Bulb– It is one kind of perennial herb, bulbus depressed globose, and stems erect.
– Surface is white, light brownish-yellow or purplish, with a few white vascular bundles. The whole body is slightly undulate and curved inward, with slight sharp top, wide base, and thin edge.
– In China it is cultivated across the country, especially in Hunan and Zhejiang provinces. Autumn is the best time for harvest and traditionally the growers repeat the unchanged procedures year after year – to collect, wash, scale, slightly scald, and dry.
Lilium Lancifolium/Brownii( Chin. : 百合)
– Also known as bulbus lilii in west, it refers to the dried fleshy petal-like layers of Lilium lancifolium Thunb., Lilium brownii F.E.Brown var. viridulum Baker, or Lilium pumilum DC.
– The texture is hard and crisp, with flat keratinous section. And it is odorless and tastes slightly bitter
– Lilium lancifolium is orange red and dotted with purple black spots; Lilium brownii is white but brown in back; Lilium pumilum is cardinal red or aubergine but without spots.
– It is capable of nourishing Yin and moistening lung, which is used for indications like chronic cough due to yin deficiency, and blood in sputum.
– And it clears heart heat, For treatment of Dengue Fever during frequent urination period.
– For treatment of neurasthenia
– For treatment of boil
– For treating of ulcer of the stomach.
– For treatment of pain in solar plexus because of spleen deficient.
– clear away heart fire to soothe the nerves.
– nourish viscera
– Modern research shows that lily bulb can moisten the lung, relieve cough, tranquilize the nerve, and have anti-cancer effect.