By Sérgio (Savaman) Savarese (Flickr) [CC BY 2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
– The characterization of a person as “beautiful”, whether on an individual basis or by community consensus
– This is often based on some combination of inner beauty, which includes psychological factors.
– Such as personality, intelligence, grace, politeness, charisma, integrity, congruence and elegance, and outer beauty (i.e. physical attractiveness) which includes physical attributes which are valued on an aesthetic basis.
– Standards of beauty have changed over time, based on changing cultural values.
– Humans who are relatively young, with smooth skin, well-proportioned bodies, and regular features, have traditionally been considered the most beautiful throughout history.